Little Friends Jemima Narrow Rat/Hamster Cage
Welcome to the fourth of our hamster cage reviews. So is the Little friends Jemima the best cage for a Syrian hamster? As always we recommend buying the largest cage which you can afford. This cage is certainly large enough and is even advertised as being big enough for rats. We would however suggest that this would only be suitable as a retirement home for older rats or for temporary accommodation.
Please see our page on advice for choosing a hamster cage from this link.
The little friends Jemima has the following features:
- The cage design measures 100 x 54 x 64cm. It has narrow 1cm bar spacing, so great for Syrian hamsters, rats etc, but not suitable for dwarf hamsters or mice.
- Large access doors for easy cleaning.
- There are two large hinged doors on the front, each measuring 18cm x 23cm. These fold down and are secured when up by a loop of wire which folds down to secure them in place.
- The cage comes with all items shown (tubes, shelves, litter tray etc).
- The tray is quite deep, so there is enough room for a sufficient amount of bedding to allow your hamster to burrow.
The little friends jemima is a very good large hamster cage, but is it the best cage for a Syrian hamster? The answer is not clear cut as the cage is large with some well thought out features however, we did find it very difficult to put together.
The cage is reasonable value for money bearing in mind its size however, it is the second most expensive cage we have reviewed.
It’s also quite difficult to assemble, but with some dedication, it can be put together.
Overall we score the cage as a 4.0 out of 5.0
For our list of 5 best Syrian hamster cages, please click here.
As always if you have any questions or comments about the best cage for a Syrian hamster, please let us know in the box below.