Yaheetech Large Iron Pet Cage for Rats
Welcome to our third rat cage review – this time for a large pet rat cage.
This is the second Yaheetech cage that we have reviewed and we must say that this one is an excellent quality large pet rat cage.
The main features are:
- Durable iron construction with non-toxic coated texture
- Strong and steady metal craftsman made quality frame
- Three floors with 2 metal ladders therefore expanding the usable area vertically and offering more spaces for pets to climb and explore
- 2 large front doors, each comes with a bars on-cage window
- A removable metal cage bottom with handle
- A removable plastic tray for easy cleaning
- 8 interior plastic feeding bowls secured by bared feeding windows
- 6 interior wood rest perches
- 2 Large front swing-out doors secured by metal locks
- Each door with a feeding window
- 4 ball shaped swivel casters, tough and easy to move around
- A bottom metal shelf for added storage
- Easy to assemble
- The cage dimensions are: W77cm x D46cm x H175.5cm or W30.3 x D18.1 x H51.2’’
- SAFE & SECURE: Two 53.5 x 25 cm/ 21.1 x 9.8’’ front doors are secured with crescent locks, which can prevent your rats from opening the doors and keep them safe in the cage when you are not around.
- Special arc-shaped wire on each small door is served as a lock, making the door impossible for pets to lift. 1cm or 0.4’’ bar spacing is suitable for pets in different sizes.
- EASY CLEANING: Double door design makes it easy to access and clean the cage with cleaning tools. A slide-out tray under the cage can be removed and cleaned with water. A grate between pets and the tray can avoid your pets walking/laying directly on their droppings, which ensures your pets hygiene and the tidiness of the cage.
The Yaheetech Large Iron Pet Cage for Rats is a really well made and well thought out cage. It is so versatile that it could even be used for chinchillas, degus or even some birds. We found the cage to be reasonably easy to assemble. The cage is good value for money although you will have to buy accessories such as a water bottle separately.
We would rate the cage as 4.5 out of 5.0
For information on how to look after pet rats, please read our article which can be found here.
If you have enjoyed our review of large pet rat cage, or have any further comments or questions, please use the form below.