Pawhut Hamster and Rodent Mouse Large Kit
Welcome to the fifth of our hamster cage reviews and the first one to feature a wooden hamster cage.
The pawhut large hamster cage is much bigger than any of the previously reviewed cages and as can be seen from our article on choosing a hamster cage, this is a very desirable feature.
The cages main features are:
- it has a built in drawer for easy cleaning (the base slides out completely).
- Suitable for Syrian hamsters, dwarf hamsters, mice and other small animals (even guinea pigs for a temporary home).
- Four organic windows enable a direct view to all levels.
- Built-in drawer for easy cleaning.
- Overall Dimension: 115L x 60W x 58H (cm).
- Solid wooden construction.
- Levels are accessible by 3 ramps.
- Hinged roof with mesh for good air circulation.
- Cage can easily be moved.
Material: Wood, PS organic glass, galvanized wire
Colour: Natural Wood Colour
Overall Dimension: 115L x 60W x 58H (cm)
2 x Small Hut Size: 15L x 20W x 13H cm, 15L x 12W x 13H (cm)
3 x Ramp Size: 30L x 10W x 1T (cm)
Bottom Drawer Size: 73.5L x 58W (cm)
Net Weight: 19kg
The pawhut hamster and rodent large kit is an excellent choice for any breed of hamster. Unfortunately you do have to build it yourself, however we found this to be reasonably easy. it does not come with a built in wheel and so you will have to buy one seperately. Wooden wheels are readily available and we would definitely recommend this addition.
Some people will be worried that their beloved pets will chew through the wood, however in our experience provided your hamster has plenty of toys, this should not be a problem.
Overall we rate this cage as a 5 out of 5. The first time we have awarded a full rating.
For our list of 5 best Syrian hamster cages, please click here.
If you would like any further information, have any questions, need any advice or just wish to comment on this post about wooden hamster cage review, please use the form below.